1. What are the 2 main divisions of the book of Romans?
2. When was the Gospel first promised? (1:2) What OT passages can you find to support your answer?
3. Many consider Romans 1:16-17 to be the theme of Romans. Why? What are 6 truths that we can derive from these two verses?
4. What three types of people are described in 1:18-2:29? What common state do they all share in relationship to God?
5. The passage 3:21-5:21 tells us of God's justification of the unjust. What is justification? What can you find out about it in 3:21-3:31?
6. What about people who lived before Paul's time (ch 4)? How were they justified?
7. What can you find out about justification in chapter 5?
8. The passage in Chapters 6-8 tells us of God's sanctification of the believer. What is sanctification? What can you find out about it in chapter 6?
9. What does chapter 7 say about the Law (7:6) in regard to sanctification? About the flesh (7:18)? About the new nature (7:19-24)? About Christ (7:25)?
10. What is called for in believers in 8:1-9? What can be expected during the sanctification process (8:17)? What is Paul's attitude toward it (8:18)? What's God's (8:28)? What affect will it have on God's relationship with the believer? (8:38-39)
11. Which category of person (1:1-18-2:29) would you classify yourself?
12. Make a commitment to read Romans a set number of times (ie 50) and have someone hold you accountable.
13. Using verses only from Romans, create a Gospel presentation to share with anyone.